Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Legacy Health as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and Legacy Health over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left Legacy Health a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because Legacy Health is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
See How It Works
- Contact Rachel Gitner at 503-413-6774 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Legacy Health with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Legacy Health in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Legacy Health
Address: P.O. Box 4484 Portland, OR 97208
Federal Tax ID Number: CARES Northwest 93-1314469
Emanuel Medical Center 46-5562403
Good Samaritan Foundation 23-7017276
Legacy Health Foundation 46-5562403
Meridian Park Medical Foundation 93-0773410
Mount Hood Medical Center Foundation 93-0794951
Randall Children’s Hospital Foundation 93-1314469
Salmon Creek Hospital Foundation 83-0433165
Silverton Health Foundation 93-00913392
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Prepare for the future
Create a secure plan for you and your loved ones with our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit.Download My Kit